All students are required to be in full uniform, in their dress and as close as possible in their hairstyle, and to wear the appropriate shoes for their class. Details for each style of dance are as follows:
Ballet – Girls
Girls will be required to wear the designated color for their class, including the uniform leotard purchased from us:
- Pre-Primary and Primary: White leotard with skirt, white tights and pink shoes.
- Ballet Essentials 1: White leotard, white tights and pink shoes.
- Ballet Essentials 2: Burgundy leotard, white tights and pink shoes.
- Ballet Pro 1, 2, 3: Light blue leotard (or black leotard for students age 12+), white tights and pink shoes.
- Ballet Pro 4 and Adults: Black leotard, white tights and pink shoes.
Pointe 1 and 2 students are required to wear demi-pointe or pointe shoes as advised by Miss Lorenza.
Girls are required to wear their hair in a bun for ballet classes. If a student’s hair is not long, it must be adjusted to look as uniform as possible with the rest of the class. For instructions, see How To Make A Ballet Bun.
From Ballet Pro 2 and Ballet Essentials 2 up girls are asked to wear an elastic belt, as sold by the studio.
Ballet – Boys
All boys studying ballet are asked to wear tight fitting white T-shirts with black sweatpants and black ballet shoes.
Purchasing Uniforms – Ballet
Italia Performing Arts sells the girls’ leotards, tights and elastic belts for ballet classes. For details and prices see our Merchandise page. We recommend that ballet shoes are purchased from Wilkins Shoe Center, 7 South Loudoun Street, Winchester. Other uniform items are sold by Wilkins but may also be found at Target, Walmart etc.
Tap, Hip-hop, Lyrical Dance, Jazz and Contemporary
Girls and boys are required to wear the uniform as follows:
- Tap – Girls: Black leotard, nude tights, and black tap shoes
- Tap – Boys: White T-shirt, black sweatpants, black tap shoes
- Hip-hop – Girls and boys: White T-shirt, black sweatpants and black dance sneakers.
- Lyrical – Girls: Black leotard, skin colored tights (dance skirts are optional)
- Lyrical – Boys: Black leggings and white t-shirt
- Jazz and Contemporary: As Lyrical, except that girls may wear black shorts or Capri pants if preferred
Please follow the policies of Southern Academy of Irish Dance – Virginia.
|Previous: Make Up Classes||Next: Classroom Etiquette|