Auditions for The Nutcracker 2019 – Saturday August 24th
Venue: Italia Performing Arts Winchester Studio, 3031 Valley Avenue suite 108, Winchester
Note that this will not be a professional production like last year’s joint venture with National Ballet Company. This year almost all the parts will be played by students of Italia Performing Arts, and by other local children and teens who would like to join us.
This means that we will have more roles for younger children, as well as more demanding parts for older children and teens. Italia Performing Arts ballet students should come to audition times according to their class listed here. Others should come according to age. The minimum age is 4 years 6 months, on the audition date or soon after.
We invite Ballet, Acro and Lyrical dancers to attend at the following times on Saturday August 24th:
10:00 am to 11:30 am
- Age 8 to 10
- Italia ballet students: Pro 1, Essentials 1 and 2
- Party Girls and Boys
11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Age 10 to 12
- Italia ballet students: Pro 2, Winchester Pro 3
- Mice, Soldiers, Maids, Bonbons, Chinese
1:00 pm to 1:30 pm
- Age 6 to 8
- Italia ballet students: Primary
1:30 pm to 2:00 pm
- Age 4½ to 6
- Italia ballet students: Pre-Primary 2
- Small Angels
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Age 12+
- Italia ballet students: Edinburg Pro 3, Winchester Pro 4
- Some of these roles are en pointe, so please bring pointe shoes if you have them
- Snowflakes, Flowers, Marzipan, older Party Girls and Boys
- Clara, Sugar Plum Fairy, Big Angels
- Fritz, Drosselmeyer, Nutcracker: these roles will be chosen separately
- Candy Canes, Chocolate, Spanish: Miss Eva will choose dancers for these parts
All children and teens selected for the show must be enrolled in regular dance classes, at Italia Performing Arts or elsewhere. Parents will be asked to sign a form committing their child to attend all rehearsals as well as their regular classes until the performance date. This form will be available on the audition day for those selected.
The only costs for parents will be a $50 costume rental and cleaning fee for each dancer, and the price of their own tickets. The fee should be paid by the first rehearsal day, September 7th.
Rehearsals will be every Saturday starting September 7th (not October 5th, 26th or November 30th) at our Winchester studio. There will be a dress rehearsal at the venue on the evening before the performance. Times and other details to be confirmed.
We are looking at two performances on Saturday December 21st 2019 in Front Royal. Details to be confirmed.