Auditions for The Nutcracker 2022 – Saturday August 27th
Venue: Italia Performing Arts Winchester Studio, 3031 Valley Avenue suite 108, Winchester
Italia Performing Arts will be putting on its own production of The Nutcracker in December 2022. The Nutcracker is a ballet, with some dances in other styles. Almost all of the parts will be played by students of Italia Performing Arts, and by other children and teens who would like to join us.
We will have many parts for young children age 5+, as well as more demanding roles for older children and teens. Italia Performing Arts students should come to audition times according to their class listed here. Others should come according to age. The minimum age is 5 years, on the audition date or soon after.
We invite dancers to attend at the following times on Saturday August 27th:
10:00 am to 11:30 am
- Age 8 to 10
- Italia students: Ballet Pro A, Ballet Basics, Acro level 1 and Acro level 2/3 age under 10
- Party Girls and Boys
11:30 pm to 12:00 pm
- Age 6 to 9
- Italia students: Ballet Primary, Tap
12:00 pm to 12:30 pm
- Age 5 to 6
- Italia students: Ballet Pre-Primary 2, Tap and Acro Darlings age 5+
12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
- Age 10+
- Italia students: Ballet Pro B, Acro level 2/3 age 10+
- Mice, Soldiers, Maids, Bonbons, Chinese
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Age 12+
- Italia students: All students age 12+
- Party scenes, except for small girls and boys
3:00 pm to 4:00 pm (should also be at 2:00 audition)
- Age 12+ with good Ballet experience
- Italia students: Ballet Pro B age 12+ and Intermediate
- Some of these roles are en pointe, so please bring pointe shoes if you have them
- Snowflakes, Flowers, Marzipan
- Clara, Sugar Plum Fairy, Fritz, Drosselmeyer, Nutcracker, Candy Canes, Chocolate, Spanish, other fairies, dolls: these roles will be chosen separately
All children and teens selected for the show must be enrolled in regular dance classes, at Italia Performing Arts or elsewhere. Parents will be asked to sign a form committing their child to attend all rehearsals as well as their regular classes until the performance date. This form will be available on the audition day for those selected.
The only costs for parents will be a $50 costume rental and cleaning fee for each dancer ($80 for dancers using more than one costume) (plus tax), and the price of their own tickets. The fee should be paid by the first rehearsal day, September 10th.
Rehearsals will be every Saturday starting September 10th (no rehearsal November 26th) at our Winchester studio. There will be a dress rehearsal at the venue on the evening before the performance. Times and other details to be confirmed.
We are looking at two performances on Saturday December 17th, 2022, in Front Royal. Details to be confirmed.
Parents: If your student is accepted for a part in The Nutcracker, you will be required to fill out and return our Performer Agreement. You can download this: Performer Agreement for The Nutcracker 2022 (PDF). Copies will also be available at the studio on audition day.