All students are required to be in full uniform, in their dress and as close as possible in their hairstyle, and to wear the appropriate shoes for their class. Details for each style of dance are as follows:
Ballet – Girls
Girls will be required to wear the designated color for their class, including the uniform leotard purchased from us:
- Pre-Primary and Primary: White leotard with skirt, white tights and pink shoes.
- Ballet Essentials: Burgundy leotard, white tights and pink shoes.
- Ballet Pro 1, 2, 3: Light blue leotard (or black leotard for students age 12+), white tights and pink shoes.
- Ballet Pro 4 and Adults: Black leotard, white tights and pink shoes.
For Ballet Pro 2, 3 and 4 tights should be convertible.
Pointe students are required to wear demi-pointe or pointe shoes as advised by Miss Lorenza.
Girls are required to wear their hair in a bun for ballet classes. If a student’s hair is not long, it must be adjusted to look as uniform as possible with the rest of the class. For instructions, see How To Make A Ballet Bun.
Ballet Pro girls are asked to wear an elastic belt, as sold by the studio.
Ballet – Boys
All boys studying ballet are asked to wear tight fitting white T-shirts with black sweatpants and black ballet shoes.
Purchasing Uniforms – Ballet
Italia Performing Arts sells the girls’ leotards, tights and elastic belts for ballet classes. For details and prices see our Merchandise page. We recommend that ballet shoes are purchased from Wilkins Shoe Center, 7 South Loudoun Street, Winchester. Other uniform items are sold by Wilkins but may also be found at Target, Walmart etc.
Tap, Lyrical and Contemporary Dance, Jazz and Hip-Hop Dance, Musical Theatre
For all of our classes except for ballet the uniform is basically the same except for footwear:
Body wear for girls
Black leotard, tan tights. Yoga pants or shorts may be worn over tights and leotard. All dancers must be able to easily move in pants if they are worn.
Body wear for boys
White T-shirt, black sweat or yoga pants.
This is different for our different classes:
- Tap: Black tap shoes
- Lyrical and Contemporary: No shoes. Socks may be worn, when instructed by the teacher.
- Jazz and Hip-Hop: Black jazz shoes
As above for tap, lyrical etc, except:
- Girls must wear dance or bike shorts over leotards
- Tights should be footless or convertible
- Hair should be in a low bun
- Bare feet
Please follow the policies of Southern Academy of Irish Dance – Virginia.
|Previous: Make Up Classes||Next: Classroom Etiquette|